All fees are subject to change without notice
REGISTRATION FEE - Deadline January 31, 2018
JA$2,500.00 (or US$25.00) - Non-Refundable Registration Fee:
PROGRAM FEE - Deadline January 31, 2018
US$1,200.00 – Before November 30, 2017
US$1,300.00 – From December 1, 2017 – January 31, 2018
Program Fee payment includes: Job Placement and four months medical insurance
PROGRAM FEE DEPOSIT - US$700.00 - Deadline November 30, 2017
Program Fee deposit must be paid prior to submitting application to Sponsor. The full US$700.00 will be applied towards Program fee, however US$200.00 is non-refundable if participant cancels for any reason once process begins and prior to being placed on a job
VISA APPLICATION AND PRE-DEPARTURE ORIENTATION
JA$2,500.00 (or US$25.00) - Payable immediately after the DS-2019 Form is received and prior to office appointment for mandatory orientation and US Embassy visa online application.
ADDITIONAL FEES SEVIS Fee – US$35.00
Fee is non-refundable and charged by the US Government.
US Embassy Visa Application Fee US$190.00
Fee is non-refundable
Return Airfare Deposit – US$300.00
Due March 15, 2018 and is refundable if visa is denied. Total amount is determined by the location of your job. Final balance due immediately after visa is granted.
Mandatory Spending Money - Minimum US$900.00
US Immigration Officers requires that all J-1 participants have at least US$900.00 spending money upon entering the USA. You will need to provide proof. It is best to have Travelers Cheques, or cash for they may not accept bank statements as proof; accounts can be closed after a statement is printed.
This extra funds are to cover expenses prior to receiving your first pay check, i.e. housing deposit, transportation, food, etc. In the event, for whatever reasons, you request to be placed in another job, you will need to cover your traveling expense, which could be in another state.
These fees are charged by the Program Sponsor and may apply to some individuals:
- Reprint of DS2019 to correct error, or for new dates requested by applicants – US$175.00
- Reprint of damaged, lost or stolen DS2019 – US$175.00
- Requests for friends to be placed at same location – US100.00 for each friend.
- Relocation Fee Expense – if you decide for whatever reason that you are not happy at your designated job and requests a new job, then you must have enough funds to be able to relocate, which could be in another state.
The following fees will be deducted from your Program Fee:
• Cancellation for any reason after process has started, including not completing the application process and prior to issuing the DS-2019 form - US$200.00
• Cancellation after accepting job offer – 300.00
• Cancellation after issuing DS-2019 form – No Refund
• Visa Denial (proof of denial must be submitted immediately in order to qualify for a refund) – US$400.00
• Visa Denied due to incorrect information, or forged document supplied by applicant – No Refund
• Cancellation made by participant after job placement and five weeks prior to job start date – no refund