All fees are subject to change without notice
JA$2,500.00 - Non-Refundable - Deadline December 15, 2018
(Bank: Sagicor - A/C #5501240763 - E-JAM, Employment Jamaica Ltd.)
US$1,375.00 – Deadline - December 15, 2018
Bank: Sagicor - A/C #5501244955 - E-JAM, Employment Jamaica
Program Fee payment includes: Job Placement, four months medical insurance, mandatory SEVIS fee and the DS-2019 form required for obtaining the J1 visa. It does not include airfare, Visa voucher fee and housing deposit.
PROGRAM FEE DEPOSIT - US$700.00 - Deadline November 16, 2018
Program Fee deposit must be paid prior to submitting application to Sponsor. The full US$700.00 deposit will be applied towards Program fee.
US EMBASSY VISA APPLICATION FEE - US$190.00
VISA APPLICATION AND PRE-DEPARTURE ORIENTATION
JA$2,500.00 (or US$25.00) - Payable immediately after the DS-2019 Form is received and prior to office appointment for mandatory orientation and US Embassy visa online application.
AIRFARE DEPOSIT – US$400.00
Due March 15, 2019 and is refundable if visa is denied. Total amount is determined by the location of your job. Final balance due immediately after visa is granted.
MANDATORY SPENDING MONEY - Minimum US$1,000.00
US Immigration Officers requires that all J-1 participants have at least US$1,000.00 spending money upon entering the USA. You will need to provide proof. It is best to have Travelers Cheques, or cash for they may not accept bank statements as proof; accounts can be closed after a statement is printed.
This extra funds are to cover expenses prior to receiving your first pay check, i.e. housing deposit, transportation, food, etc. In the event, for whatever reasons, you request to be placed in another job, you will need to cover your traveling expense, which could be in another state.
These fees are charged by the Program Sponsor and may apply to some individuals:
- Reprint of DS2019 to correct error, or for new dates requested by applicants – US$175.00
- Reprint of damaged, lost or stolen DS2019 – US$175.00
- Requests for friends to be placed at same location – US100.00 for each friend.
- Relocation Fee Expense – if you decide for whatever reason that you are not happy at your designated job and requests a new job, then you must have enough funds to be able to relocate, which could be in another state.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
- $US100.00 Deducted from Program Fee - if cancel for any reason after my application have been submitted to sponsor.
- $US200.00 Deducted from Program Fee - if interviewed by Sponsor and/or Employer and waiting to confirm placement
- US$300.00 Deducted from program fee - if cancel after accepting a job offer and prior to receiving the DS-2019 Form.
- US $100.00 Deducted from Program Fee - if interviewed and denied by Sponsor and/or Employer
- NO REFUND - if cancel after DS-2019 Form is issued.
- US$400.00 Deducted from Program Fee - if denied the J1 Visa at the US Embassy.
- NO REFUND - Visa denied due to incorrect information, or forged document supplied by applicant.
- NO REFUND - Once arrive in the US, if terminated from employment due to bad performance, or rule violations.