J1 Training & Internship Program
The Trainee & Internship Program places young professionals in various fields in the United States. It offers an opportunity for the individuals to work and further their studies in top hotels, resorts and healthcare facilities for six, twelve, or eighteen months.
The purpose of the program is to develop the current skills and knowledge within areas of study, or experience. This includes development of supervisory skills in the later stages of the training. Through exposure to different departments and supervisory skills training, the trainee/intern will gain significant firsthand knowledge of the function of each department.
J1 TRAINING PROGRAM Requirements:
- Must have a degree, or professional certificate with at least one year of prior related work experience in his/her occupational field.
- Or, must have at least five years of related-work experience gained outside the United States in his/her occupational field.
Trainee applications submitted for consideration must include:
1) A copy of the degree/certificate in the occupational field applying for and proof of at least one year of related work experience;
2) Or, proof of a minimum of five years of related work experience if applicant does not hold a degree, or certificate in the occupational field of training program.
J1 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM Requirements:
- Must be currently enrolled in and pursuing studies at a degree level, or certificate granting post– secondary academic institution outside the United States.
- Or, must have graduated from such school within 12 months of the start of their internship.
NOTE: Post-secondary education is education that is completed above and beyond the high school or secondary school level. Post-secondary education is not compulsory, begins after secondary school has already been completed and usually culminates in the awarding of a degree, certificate, or diploma, it can be vocational, academic, or technical.
Intern applications submitted for consideration must include:
1) Proof of enrollment in a degree program in the field of the internship if currently a student;
2) Or, a copy of the degree/certificate in the occupational field.
For both programs applicants must:
- Apply for programs related only to their studies and/or professional experience
- Demonstrate English proficiency
- Participate in a documented in-person interview
- Apply for compulsory Sickness and Accident Insurance
- Apply for the J-1 visa in their home country
- Enter the U.S. on the J-1 visa (change of status within the U.S. is not permitted)
In most case the following will also be required:
- Proof of work experience - supporting the dates you worked for employers and the duties you performed
- Participant’s essay
- Proof of education completed
- Certified copy of certificate, degree, or diploma; OR
- Official letter from post-secondary educational institution confirming graduation date, and educational level completed (degree/certificate/diploma), and field of study: OR
- Official Transcript from post-secondary educational institution - Police Background Check
E-JAM works in conjunction with J1 USA Sponsors, in providing Training and Internship Programs for qualified Jamaican candidates. If you are interested in participating in any of the positions, please click here to see jobs and steps on how to apply. Once you are registered, you will be notified within five business days with additional information on how to proceed with your application. Please contact email@example.com if you have questions.