Deal directly with the source for your recruitment of qualified Jamaican workers. Save time & money with e-JAM!
e-JAM, Employment Jamaica is one of the leading recruitment agencies in Jamaica for the H2B industry. We work closely with employers to identify suitable candidates to fit the job description and work environment. We comply fully with the recent H2B Regulations.
e-JAM maintains an interactive database of qualified and experienced candidates in a variety of work categories: Housekeepers, Food Servers, Maintenance, Landscapers, Construction Workers, and many more.
Additionally, we do the following:
- Recruit and pre-screen suitable applicants to your specifications
- Ensure that each candidate provides an up-to-date resume, references, copy of a valid passport, photographs, medical certificate and police record
- Service or organize your referred and/or returning applicants
- Arrange and conduct recruiting Job Fairs
- Arrange telephone or webcam interviews
- Arrange ticket purchase and travel plans for workers
- Assist applicants with obtaining their non-immigrant visa
- Pre-departure orientation is held to educate the workers about rules and regulations, laws and customs (i.e. consequences of breaking contract, or laws, etc.) We also make an effort to properly orient applicants concerning on the job ethics, work attitudes and other information that will assist in their preparation for working abroad
H2B Visa Program
H2B Visa allows U.S. employers to hire international workers to fill seasonal jobs in the United States; filling jobs where there is a shortage of American workers. H2B jobs last up to 10 months and can be found all across the country in Hotels - Resorts - Restaurants - Amusement Parks – Landscaping and Construction Companies.
Workers on the H-2B Visa Program are legally able to work for a full summer or winter season.
The H2B visa program is available to all types of employers, regardless of industry. It helps employers take care of recurring short-term, seasonal, peak load or special event based demands for additional workers.
The demand for seasonal labor has continued to increase in the US while the domestic supply of reliable workers has declined because most American workers want the consistency and dependability of a full-time, year-round job.
There is currently an annual limit of 66,000 visas for H2B workers nation-wide. Use of the H2B program has skyrocketed in the last few years as more businesses have become aware of the program. These visas are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis and the limits may be reached... so it is important to get the process started as soon as possible, at least five months prior to your expected start date.
Benefits of Using H2B Workers
- You will receive qualified workers with a “can do” attitude, who are legally permitted to work in the U.S.
- English speaking workers who are very familiar with American Culture
- Workers are hired only when you need them – during your peak season
- Since workers are given the opportunity to make more money in the US than in their home country, workers tend to be more committed to the job
- Workers are only allowed to work for your company – this ensures that they will work the duration of their contract
- Workers can return year after year, thereby saving you time and money on training