A Self-starter, positively minded, hard working business graduate with managerial experience; Proven extensive interpersonal skills, showing great attention to detail, using resilience, innovation and determination to create practical solutions to problems and performing well under pressure. Planning for the future, Monitoring performances against current trends and benchmarking, creating capacity to perform through constant Self-Development, Reviewing performances against targets and Recognising achievements - giving credit and confidence to promote continuous improvements, gifted with Compassion and Humility in building solid relationships for Success by virtue of Awareness and Empowerment.
To harness my knowledge and expertise gained within the UK government departments and to use those transferrable skills in making a significant contribution that will build upon areas of good practices within the Civil Services of Jamaica in the pursuit of measurable and consistent outcomes.
Analytical and Astute - using key analytical ratios
Extensive IT user
excellent communicator and motivator
Feb 2012 and expeceted to complete November 2012
Customs Regulation and Documentation
ICB Level 1 Bookkeeping (pass)
Home Learning College
Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Business and Economics)
Institute of Education, University of London (Introductory level)
BSc (Hons.) Business Management – University of Hull, @ Greenwich, Business School, Greenwich, London (2.1)
Diploma, Business Management – Greenwich Business School (Pass)
July 2011 to Dec 2011
Cornwall County Council
• Interviewing claimants of Housing and Council Tax benefit face to face and verifying documents provided in support of their claim. Scanning documents onto the documenting systems. Explain entitlement amounts based on claimants individual circumstances, benefits legislation, policies, procedures and practice. Advising potential claimants of the benefit system based on legislation and establishing whether they are eligible to make a claim as well as signposting them to other departments, institutions and government departments/agencies for additional appropriate assistance to improve their particular circumstances.
• Assessment of new claims and of changes in circumstances for claims of all income types when there are no customers to be interviewed. Suspending and de-suspending as appropriate based on information received and substantiated within the verification framework and sending letters to claimants and their representatives as appropriate.
March 2011 to July 2011
Capita Resourcing at Westminster Council
• Interviewing claimants of Housing and Council Tax benefit face to face and verifying documents provided in support of their claim. Liaising with the assessment teams to determine awards and to speed up decisions on claims as well as to explain entitlement amounts based on claimants individual circumstances, benefits legislation, policies, procedures and practice. Advising potential claimants of the benefit system based on legislation and establishing whether they are eligible to make a claim.
• Pre-assessment of new claims and of changes in circumstances for claims of all income types whilst interviewing claimants face to face. Suspending and de-suspending as appropriate based on information provided and substantiated within the verification framework.
March 2010 to September 2010
Hackney Borough Council (Agency)
• Providing comprehensive telephone advice and information to the public on all aspects off Housing and Council Tax Benefits (HB/CTB) and related Welfare Benefits. Using IT such Comino and Comino documenting system, telephoning technology and Microsoft Office to assist me in all my duties.
• Pre-assessment of new claims and of changes in circumstances for claims of all income types whilst interviewing claimants over the phone. Suspending and de-suspending as appropriate based on information provided and substantiated within the verification framework.
19/10/2009 to March 2010
Eastbourne Borough Council
Customer Services Officer (Agency)
• Advising claimants and their representatives on the progress of their claims and providing explanation on their benefit entitlements within the Data Protection mandate, interpretation of the various Acts, legislations and Common Law that governs the administration of HB/CTB and signposting those to various internal and external agencies to assist with their claim or for additional help.
• Using IT such as I-world (version 6) and an in-house documenting system, telephoning technology and Microsoft Office to assist me in all my duties.
• Pre-assessment of new claims and of changes in circumstances for claims of all income types whilst interviewing claimants over the phone.
31/03/2008 to 19/09/2009
London Borough of Tower Hamlets
Customer Services Advisor
• Delivering within a multi-skilled team an efficient, effective and comprehensive one stop shop service in a face to face environment.
• Providing detailed information, advice and guidance to the public on a range of specific services, with the assistance of IT systems such as Comino, IBIS, SX3 (I-World), Intranet/Internet, CRM, and others. Maintain accurate statistics enabling management to complete grant and subsidy claims, statutory returns, questionnaires/survey forms and committee reports.
• To act on behalf of customers to resolve where possible complex and sensitive disputes.
• Responsibility for verification and certification of documents for a range of authority services, certifying originals have been seen and are genuine, working to the verification framework to prevent fraud.
• Responsibility for making financial arrangements with customers and negotiate recovery payments for a range of services in compliance with financial and audit regulations.
13/12/2004 to 31/03/2007
London Borough of Barking and Dagenham
Benefits Assessor (Agency)
• Pre-assessment and assessment of all types of Housing and Council Tax Benefit claims received by the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham which involves careful research, analysis and interpretation of information in relation to legislation and corporate guidelines and making decisions which directly impacted the lives of the most vulnerable citizens within the Borough as well as the Council’s Comprehensive Performance Assessment. Academy software.
• Covering outreach offices and customer services front desk as and when required as well as representing the Council at out of office promotional activities.
21/07/03 – 13/12/2004
BRENT FINANCIAL SERVICES Brent House, Wembley
Benefits Assessor/Customer Services Advisor
• Assessed new claims, changes in circumstances and cancellations for Housing and Council Tax Benefit in relation to claims from Local Authority tenants, owner occupiers and private sector tenants for all income types; I-World software.
• Answer and effectively respond to all written and telephone enquiries from claimants, their representatives, landlords, persons affected and other stake holders including (but not limited to); The Benefits Agency, the Rent Officer Service, Housing Department and Council Tax Contractors;
• On a one to one basis, interview claimants to assist with their claims for Housing and Council Tax Benefit or resolving any queries regarding their claim(s) and related issues such as entitlement(s) of other Welfare Benefits.
September 2001 – August 2002
WILLIAM HILL ORG. Clifton House, London
Deputising for the manager in his/her absence to establish and maintain a high quality customer service;